If you’re looking for a new experience for you and your family, then paint by numbers is just the thing! With endless hours of fun and creativity, you can create special memories that will last a lifetime – especially since your painting will serve as a constant reminder! So, whether it’s bad weather keeping you indoors or you are encouraging more family time, we’ve got you covered!
Simply visit our website to find out more about us and to browse our amazing collections.
Benefits Of Art Therapy For Brain Injury Patients
Recovering from a serious injury can take months or even years of dedicated hard work and commitment. Unfortunately, everyone struggles sometimes, and acceptance won’t always come easy. Although there are many methods to help brain-injured patients recover and gain functionality and mobility again, it might be easier and more enjoyable to provide them with less clinical therapy options.
This is where painting comes in and provides endless benefits for struggling patients:
- Sharpen fine motor skills and visual perception – holding a paintbrush in your hand will help you gain more control of your fingers and hands, which you can transfer to other daily skills, such as eating. In addition, creating textures and gradients will improve visual perception and help improve hand-eye coordination.
- Improve concentration and attention – painting involves remembering where colours should go and how to create different shapes. By focusing on more than one thing at a time, you can concentrate for longer periods. Of course, it will be challenging in the beginning, but the more you persist and practice, the easier it will become.
- Boost problem-solving skills – unless you are a natural artist, you will have problems with your painting. Fortunately, painting gives you a safe space to identify those problems and work on fixing them at your own pace.
- Relieve symptoms of depression – painting has shown significant benefits in combatting the chemical imbalances in the brain that cause depression. Patients can express themselves in a safe environment and slowly work through their emotions. Since it is a common condition for brain-injured patients, it should be a contending form of therapy.
- Improve self-management and self-esteem – painting provides patients with a space where they can feel in control, helping to improve their decision-making and creating an autonomous experience that also boosts self-esteem.
- Increase mental flexibility and perserverance – painting comes with its own set of challenges. What you planned may not work out, and you need to find solutions to make it work in the end. It teaches patients that it’s okay to be imperfect and that if you make a mistake, you can wipe it out and try again. Also, it prepares you to handle unexpected problems in a healthy way, which can be transferred to other aspects of your life.
- Overcome emotional barriers – painting allows patients to tap into emotions hiding in their subconscious and constructively identify and process them through expression. It can be difficult to express your emotions after a brain injury, which is why painting is the perfect tool to help patients work through their feelings, either through colour association or by painting something of great importance to them.
For many brain injury patients, recovery means starting over. You need to learn everything from scratch. Basically, you become a child again, and every day is an opportunity to learn something new. That is why painting is such a strong resource to harness to help patients access independence again. However, starting over doesn’t have to be all negative. With the right tools and a wealth of support behind you, you can make every experience one that transforms you into everything you want to become.
Paint by numbers kits is the perfect starting point to help patients develop hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills without the complexities of creating a painting from pure imagination.
So, what are you waiting for? Get your paint by numbers kit today and visit us online to place your order!