The love of music has become uncontrollable nowadays. Many are composing songs, singing songs from the composers, and all – indeed, uploading and downloading. There is free music for videos available to download, and you can create a video of your own by adding music.
Online free music archive
The Free Music Archive (FMA) was an online library and platform that provided access to a vast collection of free and legal music downloads. It was a project of WFMU, a renowned freeform radio station based in the United States. The FMA aimed to support and promote independent artists by providing a platform for them to share their music with the public.
The FMA hosted diverse music spanning various genres, including rock, pop, electronic, jazz, classical, and more. The music on the platform released under several Creative Commons licenses allows for free distribution, sharing, and non-commercial use of the music.
Users could browse the FMA website, search for specific songs or artists, and download the tracks for personal use. Additionally, the FMA had curated collections and playlists, highlighting music from genres, themes, or regions.
However, it’s important to note that as of November 2019, the Free Music Archive has been on hiatus and is not actively updating its collection. While the website and its content are still accessible, regularly maintained or updated.
How to upload free music on FMA
If you are interested in uploading music to other platforms, here are some general steps to upload music to a music-sharing platform:
- Choose a platform. Select a suitable music-sharing platform aligned with your goals and the type of music you want to share.
- Create an account. Create an account on the selected platform. Provide the necessary information, such as your email address, artist/band name, and other required details.
- Prepare your music files. Ensure music files are properly formatted and meet the platform’s requirements. Platforms accept commonly used audio formats such as MP3, WAV, or FLAC. Ensure tracks are tagged correctly with relevant metadata like song title, artist name, album name, and genre.
- Upload your music. Access the upload section of the platform and follow the instructions to upload your music files.
- Add descriptions and tags. Provide descriptions and tags that accurately represent your music. It helps users discover your music based on keywords and genre classifications. Write engaging descriptions highlighting aspects of your music and provide any necessary context or information.
- Set permissions and licensing. Choose the appropriate permissions and licensing options for your music. Some platforms allow you to select Creative Commons licenses or specify the terms under which others can use your music.
- Publish and promote. Once your music is uploaded, publish it on the platform. Share the links to your music on social media, your website, or other promotional channels to reach a wider audience.
The platform has specific rules regarding the type of content allowed and any restrictions on copyrighted material. The availability and specific processes to upload music can vary depending on the platform you choose.